[PIN: 523 812]
Plough at Plumpton
The Plough Inn originally was once situated at the end of the runway of RAF Chailey, the direction from which most aircraft would be landing where a squadron of Spitfires manned by Polish officers was based, so it had to go, together with lambourne cottages and a derelict radio mast nearby. in October 1943 Fred Plummer, the then landlord, employed William wells & co of Plumpton to dismantle an old Army hut, then being used as a chicken house, and re-erect it on ground kindly donated to Harvey and sons, ( its present site ) the brewers for the purpose of a new pub which was opened just in time for Christmas and was to remain in this form for the next twelve years. The association continues with the presence of a memorial to the Polish servicemen on the grounds of the pub. A family run pub for a family owned brewery.